Website Bechtel Corporation
Scaffolding Superintendent (UPF) Job Highlights
|Title||Scaffolding Superintendent (Uranium Processing Facility)|
|Location||Oak Ridge, TN, United States|
Bechtel is trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is looking for a Scaffold Superintendent who will be responsible for scaffold work ensuring resources are efficiently utilized across the entire project.
Ensures labor and material are allocated to areas according to the priorities of the project schedule.
Manages work based on metrics produced by the tracking system.
Responsible for providing key inputs into a scaffold tracking system and operation including scaffold crews for day shift and possibly night shift.
Responsible for assisting in scaffold reports to management and areas.
Holds scaffold crews in responsible areas accountable for their performance based on feedback from the units and metrics produced by the scaffold tracking system.
Reports to Lead Civil or Scaffold Discipline Superintendent.
Applicants should have the following college/university degrees-
- For Level 1 – B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 6+ years of related experience or 12+ years related experience in lieu of a degree
- For Level 2 – B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 9+ years of related experience or 15+ years related experience in lieu of a degree
- Possess a combination of education and work experience.
- Determine manpower, tools, equipment/material requirements for civil craft and prepare field material requisitions for tools and consumables
- Develop daily craft assignments to be performed, monitor actual work performance compared to the project budget schedule and quality requirements, and approve craft time records using established automated tools
- Prepare short and long-term schedules and manpower forecasts and interface with other discipline superintendents and field engineers along with Project Controls
- Provide safe access required by direct crafts at the least cost and in a timely manner
- Safely direct assigned construction work in accordance with Bechtel’s safety program and applicable OSHA and DOE standards and regulations and provide leadership for the safety, accident prevention, and fire prevention programs on the project
- Supervise and direct craft in construction activities within the civil discipline, with an emphasis on scaffolding
- Utilize scaffold material efficiently and forecast any increases/decreases in material required
- Advanced knowledge of scaffold tracking systems and proven experience using metrics to manage scaffold programs on nuclear or heavy industrial projects
- Basic Field Manual and Non-Manual supervision experience with a strong civil background
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and technical database applications
- Demonstrated craft leadership in a team-based environment
- Experience in Construction Project Planning and Scheduling
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Safety Program
- Knowledge of Construction Quality Assurance. Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities
- Subject matter expert with regards to scaffolding, including associated OSHA regulations and requirements
- Working knowledge of unionized labor
- Experience working with, supervising, and administering subcontractors
- Knowledge of local labor laws and issues
- Knowledge of state, federal, and local contracting requirements
- Specific experience in Heavy Civil Construction, Scaffolding, Concrete, Structural Steel Erection, Rigging, and Welding
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment, education, and travel
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite
- Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which may require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, using fall protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE), walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, and maneuvering around very small or confined spaces
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.