Website Bechtel Corporation
Structural Field Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Structural Field Engineer|
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
Bechtel is trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is looking for a Structural Field Engineer to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a related engineering discipline from a college/university
- In lieu of a degree, 10 years of related work experience in industrial construction may be considered satisfactory
- In addition to the above, a minimum of 5 years of construction work experience in the civil/structural discipline
- Experience motivating team members, solving open-ended problems, and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner
- Experience managing technical services subcontracts is desirable
- Preference is given to previous Bechtel experience
- Acting as a single point of contact for coordination and resolution of all issues related to structural execution in the module yard
- Assisting structural contractor in developing inspection and test plans
- Assisting structural contractor with the development of work packages
- Assisting with the development and review of contractor’s as-built documentation
- Documenting field changes and non-conformances using formal approval processes
- Executing field material takeoffs from design drawings
- Interpreting design requirements and ensuring installation methods and finished work is in conformance with applicable design drawings, specifications, standards, and codes
- Leading final system walk-downs, punch listing, close-out, and turnover of structural systems
- Monitoring actual work progress compared to the project schedule
- Participating in quality assurance reviews, and facilitating the resolution of quality findings related to civil structural activities
- Performing and documenting inspections for the structural work scope on an ongoing basis
- Preparing field material requisitions for materials, and monitoring the status of purchase orders and deliveries
- Providing support to contractors to establish requirements for manpower, tools, equipment, and material requirements
- Reviewing quality documentation for content and accuracy per approved inspection and test plans
- Reviewing short- and long-term schedules developed by contractor and verifying alignment with material delivery schedules and key project milestone dates
- Trouble-shooting technical and constructability issues with the design engineer or fabricator, using input from the structural contractor
- Verifying contractor’s reported progress, resolving comments or discrepancies, and inputting installed quantities to Teamworks on an ongoing basis
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office software suite required
- Effective communication skills
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.