Website Johnson & Johnson
Senior Product Development Engineer – Optics Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Product Development Engineer – Optics|
|Location||Santa Clara, CA, United States|
|Company||Johnson & Johnson|
Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
Auris Health, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Product Development Engineer – Optics.
The company is seeking a Senior Product Development Engineer who will be responsible for working closely with design engineers, quality engineers, manufacturing associates, and suppliers throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle.
The position is critical in influencing the design for manufacturing, defining the assembly process, test instruction, and transferring the product design to manufacturing.
This role will collaborate with internal team members and outside manufacturing partners to drive the development and qualification of the comprehensive manufacturing system.
- The applicants should have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Optomechanical or related degree from a college/university, and 6 or more years of test and process development experience required.
- The candidates should have a minimum 4 plus years of relevant work experience
- Collaborate with the design team to provide DFX (manufacturing, assembly, and cost) input and enable the translation of product design inputs to product and process outputs.
- Creates process flow charts, FMEAs, and control plans for new products with our Vendors.
- Creates process flow charts, FMEAs, and control plans for new products.
- Development and qualification of complex measurement systems and technologies.
- Own the resolution of difficult engineering and manufacturing problems utilizing advanced CAD techniques, rapid and conventional prototyping, and other available technologies.
- Process characterizations, DOE’s, and optimizations.
- Responsible for test, development, error proofing, and qualification.
- Support the development of multiple new product codes with differing technology across the external supply base.
- Advanced equipment development and/or external manufacturing and supplier management
- Experience executing engineering builds (i.e., assembly, end-of-line test, etc.)
- Experience in developing Product Specification with cross-functional team
- Experience with one or more of the following: laser welding, riveting, laser etching, soldering, pressing, joining, extrusion, over molding, coating, and/or design for assembly experiences
- Experience working in new product development projects and partnering with design teams
- Experience working on projects within design control regulations
- Fluent in German
- Process DOE execution (i.e., manufacturing process optimization, assembly process development/characterization/qualification)
- Strong technical communication skills and proven ability to work independently with external suppliers
- Experience in both design development and manufacturing development
- Experience qualifying component manufacturing processes
- Experience with PFMEA, Process flow development, and/or mitigation control implementation
- Strong DFM knowledge, including component manufacturing methods (e.g., injection molding, machining, fiber optics, camera modules, stamping, etc.)
- Work experience within a regulated industry (e.g. automotive, aerospace, medical, pharmaceutical, etc.)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.