Sideboom Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Edmonton, AB, Canada|
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is seeking a Sideboom Operator with industrial piping project experience.
- Must possess valid CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and CSO or BSO
- Possess previous experience operating Sidebooms in a pipeline or industrial environment
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and report any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine-specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Operate 572, 583, and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Perform effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Must be able to interpret capacity charts and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size, and load limits
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a 3-year driver’s abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Shift based role working either 14/14 or 14/7 schedule, working 10 hours per day
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- The site-based camp and a travel allowance are provided for those that qualify.
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.