Sr. Product Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Product Engineer|
|Location||Itasca, IL, United States|
WernerCo provides manufacturing and distribution of aluminum and fiberglass ladders, light-duty construction equipment, fall protection equipment, and similar products.
The company is looking for a Senior Product Engineer who will carry out a variety of engineering functions including design and development, prototyping, structural validation, code compliance, manufacturability, and cost objectives for larger-scale programs.
The candidates will exercise extensive latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Works in conjunction with various other disciplines in the development of designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience.
Reviews engineering drawings and supporting ECO documentation to verify adherence to standards and prepares the ECO for distribution by coordinating with all impacted by the change between the various disciplines.
Sr. Product Engineers may have direct supervisory roles or indirect reporting over other members within the engineering team.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a university or college or equivalent qualification (required)
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
The candidates should have 5 to 8 years of new and sustaining product development design and independent project management, with significant “hands-on” expertise.
- Experience with metal and plastic materials, structural analysis, extrusion, fabrication, and joining for high volume production.
- Expertise in contemporary design and modeling/analysis tools; SolidWorks preferred.
- Design innovative solutions to product needs that meet desired specifications for new products, cost improvements, channel initiatives, and other corporate objectives.
- Develop testing plans to ensure product design meets all government and internal safety and quality standards.
- Participate in the creation and evaluation of intellectual property and patents.
- Play a key role in brainstorming new designs leveraging end-user insights, competitive analysis, and use of manufacturing and customer care data.
- Prepare necessary updates on projects to inform other members of the organization
- Product Design and Development
- Provide design and development support to the other engineers, analysts, and designers to leverage Sr. Product Engineers’ experience and overall knowledge.
- Use various tools to develop concepts for review/discussion with other departments, specifically marketing and manufacturing.
- When developing new products, use the product development process to ensure all aspects of the project are considered.
- Work in conjunction with tooling, equipment, and manufacturing technology engineers to develop and execute an achievable manufacturing build plan.
- Competitive technical benchmarking and establishment/creation of advantages.
- Participate in industry regulations and standards compliance teams.
- Review and provide changes to artwork for labels, instruction sheets, ad cards, etc.
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting ECO documentation to verify adherence to standards and prepares the ECO cover letter for distribution.
- Product Engineers will take direction primarily from Managers or Directors.
- Understand and follow Quality Management System.
- Ability to comply with procedural requirements and understand and apply specifications, where needed, with an eye for simultaneous process improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, organization, and execution skills with a degree of independent judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on personal accountability and motivate team accountability, demonstrating attributes of a team playing.
- Ability to seek out solutions across functional departments and remote sites.
- Advanced knowledge of 3D/2D CAD, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Design knowledge in multiple manufacturing processes including sheet metal, extrusions, finishing operations, joining, welding, machining, fixtures, and injection-molded plastic.
- Raises issues and opportunities to improve project status and procedures proactively to allow risk mitigation and prompt problem resolution.
- Travel to domestic and international engineering centers, manufacturing sites, and suppliers.
- Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and well-being programs
- Retirement matching contributions and planning resources
- Work-life programs
WernerCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.