Steel Fabrication Specialist/Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Steel Fabrication Specialist/Welder|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||West Palm Beach, FL, United States|
Intertek provides total quality assurance to industries worldwide. The company delivers innovative and bespoke assurance, testing, inspection, and certification solutions for customers’ operations and supply chains.
The company is looking for a Steel Fabrication Specialist/Welder who will be responsible for the construction (welding/fabrication) and dismantling of steel mock-up test chambers.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess SMAW Welding/fabrication experience
- Steel torch cutting ability
- Build mock-up steel structure test chambers to blueprints
- Demo mock-up steel structure test chambers
- Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
- Maintain tools, equipment, and work area in a neat, organized manner
- Operate equipment (pursuant to documented training) as directed (e.g. buckets trucks, forklifts, etc.)
- Perform miscellaneous construction as required
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Small, intermediate, and large-scale specimen preparation
- Work with the Project Manager, technicians, and clients to ensure the preparation of all project details are complete to satisfaction
- Perform other work as required
- A reasonable understanding of curtain wall systems
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to operate forklifts, lulls, etc.
- Ability to read and understand chamber drawings and build accordingly
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Ability to understand construction layout
- Ability to work off of man lifts (boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Must have complete knowledge of all equipment and tools used in the completion of duties
- Company Car Provided
- Moving Assistance Provided
- The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable driving record (required)
Intertek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit hcog.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.