Website Westinghouse Electric Company
Supplier Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Preston, England, United Kingdom|
|Company||Westinghouse Electric Company|
Westinghouse Electric Company is the world’s leading supplier of safe and innovative nuclear technology. The company provides the most reliable, dependable nuclear power plants, nuclear fuel, plant automation, and operating plant products and services.
The company is hiring a Supplier Manager who will work as part of a small team, managing supplier contracts and performing surveillance activities on supplier manufacturing routes and processes.
Provide materials and components required for the manufacture of AGR fuel assemblies including fuel elements and stringer components.
The products are mainly manufactured from proprietary grades of stainless steel which are manufactured into reactor components using routine machining, forging, and fabrication techniques.
- Applicants should have a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Engineering or an Equivalent
- Possess 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Budget monitoring and reporting as required
- Compliance surveillance at supplier’s place of work
- Inventory management at suppliers
- Management of Engineering Change at suppliers
- Management of supplier contracts
- Monitoring and management of supplier performance
- Monitoring of production routes
- Monitoring, reporting, and management of risk
- Supplier auditing to ISO 9001
- Supplier corrective action reporting and management
- Ability to work flexibly (outside of core hours) to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Broad engineering knowledge of manufacturing techniques
- Full driving license and Passport required
- Good interpersonal skills (the role requires independent interaction with suppliers)
- IT literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Travel throughout the UK and mainland Europe is a requirement of the role.
- First Principal Metrology Skills
- Knowledge of basic stainless steel metallurgy
- Stainless Steel Weld Inspection experience (resistance and TIG)
- Working knowledge of Engineering drawings and Geometric Tolerancing
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control.
To apply for this job please visit careers.westinghousenuclear.com.