Utility Worker (Mechanical) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical – Utility Worker|
|Location||Cumberland, MD, United States|
CSX is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal, and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products.
The company is seeking a Utility Worker (Mechanical) who will clean, service, and supply locomotives, transport supplies between work and storage sites, and perform a variety of support and clean-up activities in locomotive and car repair areas.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess 1 year of combined electrical, pipefitting, welding, or diesel mechanic experience
- 1-year experience in reading and interpreting technical drawings or schematics, incl electric/electric
- Be able to safely perform all job responsibilities
- Check fuel or water sight glass/gauge to determine fluid levels on tools, machines, or equipment (hydraulic, lubricating, fuel, cooling, etc.) and perform preventive maintenance on a variety of tools, machines, or equipment
- Clean empty cars
- Clean interior and exterior of locomotives, associated equipment, and mechanical parts
- Complete routine reports and make entries into log and inventory records
- May be called upon to perform tasks associated with work assignments such as cleaning, sweeping, forklift operation, handling material, and fueling locomotives
- May be required to operate locomotives
- Must comply with all CSX rules and policies for safety and operations, and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) requirements
- Operate heavy-duty equipment, licensed and unlicensed vehicles, and work around all types of moving equipment
- Supply locomotive with necessary materials
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Reasoning skills (problem-solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Verbal comprehension (understanding oral and written communications)
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity, tracking, inspection
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Medium work, depending on location, lifting up to 50 pounds
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, balance, climb
- Complete annual training and pass safety rules examinations
- Must pass a background screening
- Must pass a post-offer medical examination, including a drug test
- Must pass all required assessments
- The applicant selected may be required to successfully complete a background check
- This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and membership is req.
- Wear protective equipment such as a hard hat, hearing protection, or safety-toe boots
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries
- Valid Driver’s License
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eowa-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.