Website Volvo Cars
Weld Master Job Highlights
|Location||Charleston, SC, United States|
Volvo Cars is an automotive company that works with the purpose to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable, and safe way. The company is committed to simplifying customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones, and the people around them.
The company is looking for a Weld Master who will be responsible for maintaining weld quality by working with Teardown Technicians, Joining Engineers, and Ultrasound Technicians to optimize welding parameters inside the Robotic Spot-Welding Database (Bosch Weld Timer).
The position will respond to faults on the line and determine the root cause and make or suggest corrections to be taken to prevent line stops and defects.
This role is critical to the performance of the Body Shop Joining Quality team.
Applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess an experience with robotic welding equipment (preferred)
- Knowledge of Body Shop Processes (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Quality oriented
- Accurately document and maintain information in written or electronic form
- Assist engineers in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems
- Control the welding parameters of robotic welding equipment
- Measure dimensions of spot welds and materials using calipers and micrometers to determine the parameters needed.
- Modify computer-controlled robot movements.
- Perform operator maintenance per established schedules
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic welding systems or components.
- Perform quality checks as prescribed and report issues to the lead or supervisor
- Read check sheets and prints to determine specifications and accurately complete all required functions
- Safely adjust welding parameters to meet specifications by evaluating weld defects and making determinations on how to adjust parameters to produce a completed product
- Set up and troubleshoot robotic welding systems
- Ability to deliver quality results
- verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Skilled in reading part drawings
- Strong math skills
Volvo Cars is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.volvocars.com.