Website Volvo Cars
Ultrasonic Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Charleston, SC, United States|
Volvo Cars is an automotive company that works with the purpose to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable, and safe way. The company is committed to simplifying customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones, and the people around them.
The company is looking for an Ultrasonic Technician who will ensure welds meet specifications by using ultrasonic equipment to measure the quality of resistance spot welds.
The position will document findings in an electronic database system and trend any problems found and notify the supervisor or team leader in the area.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years of relevant automotive production experience
- Associate’s Degree in a Technical Trade (NDT, material sciences, welding technology, industrial technology, etc.) and 2 years of relevant automotive production experience
- Possess a combination of education and work experience
- Certified Radiographic Interpreter (preferred)
- Certified Welding Inspector (preferred)
- Assess and verify welded joints of the entire vehicle body as defined by quality standards. Verify all joining technologies meet standards
- Conduct ultrasonic device testing to ensure proper function
- Conduct ultrasonic inspection using ultrasonic probe according to quality standards for an entire vehicle shell
- Document, communicate, and troubleshoot unsatisfactory ultrasonic tests with the appropriate department
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program
- Responsible for the control of the ultrasonic device and the test mode
- Use the ultrasonic tester to analyze spot-welded joints in reference to the inspection plan. Provide expert input to establish and modify testing plans
- Extensive experience with non-destructive structural testing
- Knowledge of sheet metal processing and data processing
- Previous spot-welding experience (preferred)
Volvo Cars is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.volvocars.com.