Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
Drake Air is a leading FAA/EASA/CAAC/AS9110C/AS9100D certified repair station specializing in the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of Heat Transfer Components (Heat Exchangers, Pre Coolers, Oil Coolers, Fuel Heaters, and Accessory items) for all types of commercial, regional, general aviation, military, and rotor-wing aircraft.
The company is searching for a Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in TIG Welding.
- Experience welding Stainless, Aluminum, and Inconel
- Experience welding to AWS D17.1 is preferred
- Experience with performing own fit-ups
- Proven ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Welding of Aerospace parts preferred
- Fabricate and assemble parts through the use of welders, cutters, shapers, and measuring tools.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Must be able to comprehend manuals and blueprints
- Must be able to perform their own fit-ups on units they are building
- Must be able to read calipers and other measuring equipment
- Must be comfortable using air-powered tools such as die grinders, cut-off tools, belt sanders, and air drills
- Observes all safety and security procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Set up welding jobs based on the work specifications at hand
- TIG welds thin gauge aluminum, stainless steel, and Inconel based on specifications of the blueprints and or/drawings
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner and to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must pass weld test for appearance, penetration, bend, and x-ray on aluminum and stainless steel
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
- Strong ethical work habits.
- Strong troubleshooting knowledge down to component level using measuring gauges and test equipment.
- Exposure to heat or cold will mostly be limited to when walking outdoors or if bay doors have been opened to allow for shipping and receiving activities.
- The use of PPE such as safety glasses and safety-toed shoes is required in designated working areas.
- Work will be conducted mostly indoors in a “shop” type environment.
- Regularly required to walk and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- May regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds including the use of pneumatic and manual lifting devices.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.