Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Ville Platte, LA, United States|
Schlumberger is a technology company that partners with customers to access energy. The company provides leading digital solutions and deploys innovative technologies to enable performance and sustainability for the global energy industry. The company collaborates to create technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Preference for the one-year certificate from Technical School/College.
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Continually produces quality products with minimal defect rate by detecting own defects for ongoing corrective action.
- Continue to receive training in the use of drawings and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations, or set up requirements.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of safety policies and procedures (Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Quest, etc.). Operates overhead crane and other capacity lifting equipment (forklift) safely (training provided).
- Demonstrates a proven working knowledge of various technical/welding principles. Tasks assigned require a basic knowledge of concepts and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve basic problems with assistance. Recognizes problems in the welding process and reports to the appropriate supervisor or lead person in a timely manner.
- Embodies core values of responsibility, integrity, innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
- Exhibits SLB behaviors of Commitment, Integrity, Teamwork, and Drive. The behaviors are expected of every SLB team member including attitude, words, and actions, as we interact with each other and with our external stakeholders.
- Familiar with computer systems to retrieve relevant work documents such as engineering drawings, routings, and other documents as they relate to welding of valves or related products.
- Must pass designated qualification test, be qualified in a minimum of four processes, (SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and SAW), and be able to pass horizontal pipe test (roll out stringer and hot pass in horizontal position).
- Participates/contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and programs.
- Provides informal guidance and support to new team members.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write or complete routine reports.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Be familiar with work instructions and tools and equipment needed to perform welding operations.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All the qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit xjobs.brassring.com.