Website The Greenbrier Companies
Welder 2 (Paint Shop) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder 2 – Paint Shop|
|Location||Marmaduke, AR, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is looking for a Welder II who will fit work into jigs and fixtures, perform more complicated manual or semi-automatic arc welding, use weld machines properly, visually inspects weld work, repair defective welds, and operate a forklift or crane.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Education or Equivalent
- The candidates should have preferably 1 year of experience in production welding
- Required to pass applicable in-house welding tests
- Ensures that safety and housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
- Fits, aligns, and clamps work, usually in jigs and fixtures, to prepare for welding steel.
- Helps train other welders by conducting on-the-job training when requested.
- Operates forklift or hook and hitch to overhead crane to move material.
- Performs occasional air arc or flame cutting to help repair defective welds.
- Performs the more complicated manual or semi-automatic arc welding of railcar parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies on the bench, floor, or assembly line.
- Visually inspects weld work, repairs defective welds, and performs minor repairs to equipment.
- When using a welding machine maintains heat and speed of travel to assure penetration and weld bead size, grinds work incidental to welding, removes weld slag, and preheats work.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Production Group Leader.
- Appropriate GBRX Welding certifications for the area in which they will be working
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and the disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.