Welder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Hingham, MA, United States|
Siemens is a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport.
The company is searching for a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Education or GED equivalent
- The candidates should have proven experience as a Welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA, etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.)
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc. and clamp pieces
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- Proficient in English
- All qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens.com.