Website Satellite Shelters
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Dahlonega, GA, United States|
Satellite Shelters is an industry leader and provider of mobile offices, prefabricated buildings, blast-resistant modules, construction job-site office trailers, and storage solutions.
The company is hiring a Welder who will weld, cut, and braze metal pieces and products by using flame-cutting and hand welding equipment.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Successful completion of formal or in-company welding training
- The candidates should have aluminum welding experience (preferred).
New Truck Construction-
- Connect water delivery using the varied electric motor-driven systems, typically a 12V electric motor.
- Install all legal lighting and bumpers to the truck.
- Install PTO – Power Take-Off
- Installation of the chassis-mounted tank onto existing truck beds
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Repairs and fabricates various items and equipment using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment.
- Utilize various equipment to attach a vacuum tank and other parts to the truck chassis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Ability to safely operate lifting equipment like hoists and lift trucks
- Ability to use measuring devices like a tape measure, levels, and micrometer,
- Ability to use power tools like drills, saws, air tools, etc.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models, and blueprints.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and within a team setting.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- General knowledge of 12-volt electrical systems and wiring installation
- General mechanical knowledge
- Light welding, cutting, and metal fabrication.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Ability to hold air impact tools up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to work in all climate conditions.
- Ability to work in an environment containing dirt, grease, and dust.
- Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform rigorous activities including walking, standing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity, etc.
- Good fine motor skills, coordination, range of motion, and grip strength
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Wears personnel protective equipment as required
Satellite Shelters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit satellitesheltersinc.applytojob.com.