Website Satellite Shelters
Truck Technician/Automotive Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Truck Technician/Automotive Technician|
|Location||Plymouth, MN, United States|
Satellite Shelters is an industry leader and provider of mobile offices, prefabricated buildings, blast-resistant modules, construction job-site office trailers, and storage solutions.
The company is seeking a Truck Technician/Automotive Technician who will install chassis-mounted tank and pumping equipment for use in the liquid waste industry.
The most common uses for the trucks are portable toilet services, septic service, waste oil collection, and grease collection.
- Apparently, the Employer did not mention any educational level, yet may be required a High School Diploma.
- A good work ethic and an eagerness to learn are a must.
- Ability to read installation manuals for a variety of truck equipment and install them as per instructions.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Ability to safely operate lifting equipment like hoists and lift trucks
- Ability to use measuring devices like a tape measure, levels, and micrometer,
- Ability to use power tools like drills, saws, air tools, etc.
- General knowledge of 12-volt electrical systems and wiring installation
- General mechanical knowledge
- Hydraulic experience is a plus.
- Light welding, cutting, and metal fabrication.
- PTO installation skills are a plus.
- Connect water delivery using the varied electric motor-driven system, typically a 12V electric motor.
- Install all legal lighting and bumpers to the truck.
- Install PTO – Power Take-Off
- Installation of the chassis-mounted tank onto existing truck beds
- Perform repairs on existing trucks for current and future customers.
- Utilize various equipment to attach a vacuum tank and other parts to the truck chassis.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A strong team player
- Customer/Client Focus
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Ethical Conduct
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Ability to be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Ability to hold air impact tools up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to work in all climate conditions.
- Ability to work in an environment containing dirt, grease, and dust.
- Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform rigorous activities including walking, standing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity, etc.
- Good fine motor skills, coordination, range of motion, and grip strength
- Wears personnel protective equipment as required
Satellite Shelters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit satellitesheltersinc.applytojob.com.