Website Cornerstone Building Brands
Welder Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
|Company||Cornerstone Building Brands|
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products, servicing commercial, residential, repair, and remodel markets.
The company is seeking Fitter/Welder who must be AWS and CWB certified. Further, the candidate must be competent in welding and fitting skills which encompass all special welding certifications for pipe, tube, CJP scenarios, etc.
Must be able to fit up all types of rigid frame columns, rafters, and beam canopies according to specifications.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree or Equivalent from 2-year College or technical school.
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of working experience in welding or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferably as a welder/fitter in the manufacturing industry.
- Check work assignments and interprets blueprints and/or sketches to determine parts required.
- Install metal tags to identify parts and uses assigned personal identification stamps in designated areas when the operation is completed.
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment.
- Maintains continuous improvement practices in the work area.
- May be assigned other projects or duties as designated by Team Leader
- Must be able to maintain AWS and CWB certifications.
- Positions sub-assemblies on parts using clamping devices and material handling equipment as required.
- Responsible for keeping numerical and alphabetical sequences correct.
- Responsible for measuring, marking, counting, and locating components on/in an assembly.
- Advises Team Leader of any discrepancies in and/or shortages of required parts.
- Uses necessary tools, measuring devices, templates to join up parts in accordance with blueprints and specifications maintaining allowable tolerances.
- Uses welding, flame-cutting, flame-heating, arc gouging, or mechanical equipment to tack and/or weld components in place.
- Ability to align parts, and to bevel or cut flanges, webs, stiffeners as required.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce
- Required operation of welding equipment
- Required to drive a forklift
- Required to Fit as well as Weld
- Required to read blueprints or drawings
- Required to use power hand tools
- Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence,
- In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
- Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division.
- Some positions may require advanced mathematics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must.
- In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks.
- Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Competitive medical plans
- Dental and vision insurance
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Health care with BCBS of NC
- Life insurance
- Paid time off in the first year
- Quarterly bonus program (based on production numbers)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company-matching 401K (if candidate contributes 3%, they will earn 5 % match (3% @ 100% and 2% @ 50%)
- Tuition reimbursement
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit us60.dayforcehcm.com.