Website New Way® Trucks
MIG Pulse Welder Job Highlights
|Title||MIG Pulse Welder|
|Location||Scranton, IA, United States|
|Company||New Way® Trucks|
New Way® Trucks offers a full line of affordable refuse equipment that includes front loaders, rear loaders, satellite bodies, recycling bodies, roll-off systems, side loaders, and automated side loaders in sizes ranging from 6 yards to 43 yards.
The company is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for the welding of metal parts together using specified wire welding processes.
Note: This position reports directly to the Welding Supervisor.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have welding experience in the related field.
- Assist other individuals in the area when needed.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Follows required procedures and uses appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the assembly process.
- Maintains/produces a level of output that will minimize production delays.
- Operates the equipment in a safe manner and reports hazards associated with the equipment or its operations to the Safety Director and Maintenance Department.
- Produces strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Uses MIG/Pulse welder to assemble fabricated metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate plasma cutter and acetylene torches
- Ability to operate various shops tools including power and manually-operated wrenches
- Ability to read blueprint drawings and cut lists
- Ability to read a tape measure and angle finder
- Ability to weld vertical, flat, and overhead welds with good penetration and quality appearance
- Good communication skills, relative to supervisor and other related departments
- Knowledge of wire welding processes and equipment
- Math skills including fractions and angles
- Physical ability to work and weld in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead
- Trained in forklift and overhead crane operation
New Way® Trucks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit newwaytrucks.apscareerportal.com.