Website Core & Main
Welder I (Fire Protection) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder I (Fire Protection)|
|Location||Concord, NC, United States|
|Company||Core & Main|
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities with innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is seeking a Welder who can contribute to the manufacturing of Fire Protection pipe fabrication to NFPA standards.
- The prospective candidates must have completed a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent qualification
- Certified pressure pipe welder is preferred
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- The candidates should have 0 to 2 years of experience in the area of responsibility
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Ensures all welds are visibly stamped or identified with markings to designate that welds were performed by a certified welder.
- Hand welds various fittings to different sizes of pipes and welding joints.
- Interprets application job sheets and various sizes of welding fittings.
- Reviews the order ticket and determines the work to be performed meets the customer’s specifications.
- Sorts piping per job and sorts line numbers per fabrication job.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides employment solely based on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. The employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.