Website Core & Main
Welder II (Fire Protection) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder II (Fire Protection)|
|Location||Cleveland, NC, United States|
|Company||Core & Main|
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities with innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is searching for a Welder who will contribute to the manufacturing of Fire Protection pipe fabrication to NFPA standards with a semi-automatic welder.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Certified pressure pipe welder.
- Experience operating, calibrating, and maintaining a semi-automatic welder.
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Ensures all welds are visibly stamped or identified with markings to designate that welds were performed by a certified welder.
- Interprets application job sheets and various sizes of welding fittings.
- Reviews the order ticket and determines the work to be performed meets the customer’s specifications.
- Sorts piping per job and sorts line numbers per fabrication job.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards.
- Welds various fittings to different sizes of pipes and welding joints on a semi-automatic welder.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves a regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides employment solely based on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. The employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.