Website Core & Main
Welder II (Fire Protection) Job Highlights
|Welder II (Fire Protection)
|Tucker, GA, United States
|Core & Main
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is seeking a welder who can contribute to the manufacturing of Fire Protection pipe fabrication to NFPA standards with a semi-automatic welder.
- The prospective candidates must have completed a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent qualification
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- 2-5 years of experience in the area of responsibility
- Certified pressure pipe welder.
- Experience operating, calibrating, and maintaining a semi-automatic welder
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Ensures all welds are visibly stamped or identified with markings to designate that welds were performed by a certified welder.
- Interprets application job sheets and various sizes of welding fittings.
- Reviews the order ticket and determines the work to be performed meets the customer’s specifications.
- Sorts piping per job and sorts line numbers per fabrication job.
- Welds various fittings to different sizes of pipes and welding joints on a semi-automatic welder.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to the supervisor
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It provides employment at Core & Main is solely based on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. The employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.