Website Fox Valley Metal-Tech
Welder – TIG (R1428) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – TIG (R1428)|
|Experience||2 + Years|
|Location||Green Bay, WI, United States|
|Company||Fox Valley Metal-Tech|
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company and serves local and national companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food, and beverage industries.
The company is seeking a TIG Welder who will be responsible for the reading and interpreting of prints, drawings, weld symbols, and working within tight tolerances on aluminum and stainless steel.
Welders are required to pass weld tests to the AWS and Military codes. FVMT utilizes Miller and Lincoln welding equipment.
- The applicants should have an Associate Degree in a technical area from a college or university, or a 1-year welding certificate program with 1+ years of TIG welding experience.
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience with the GTAW welding process (TIG welding)
- Experience welding thin gauge materials and aluminum are desired.
- Ability to read work orders, instructions, formulas, or processing charts to ensure precise and accurate welding in agreement with the customer’s design
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances
- Maintain clean equipment/tools and work area
- Maintain welding equipment in good working order, to keep the equipment free of debris and perform proper maintenance
- Notify supervisor when work received does not meet the specifications required. Follow all relative ISO 9000 procedures
- Operate hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports.
- Perform all other duties as assigned (ex.- occasional parts prep)
- Ability to accurately read weld symbols and pass all weld tests
- Ability to communicate properly with team members and staff at all levels in order to manufacture a high-quality product.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fabricate from manufacturing and/or customer-provided blueprints to meet welding specifications.
- Ability to weld within tight tolerances.
- Accurate and reliable measuring skills.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Flex Spending – Section 125 Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Profit Share Bonus
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Shoes
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Able to work 1st shift, Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.fvmt.com.