Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Welding Foreman Job Highlights
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is seeking a Welding Foreman who will provide support in the overall management of the Welding Department.
The position will report to the Shipfitter Superintendent.
- The applicants should have a High School or GED
- Must pass welding tests to be ABS Certified
- Possess 3 to 5 years of previous shipyard experience
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience (desired)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 3 years of experience welding on carbon steel, stainless steel, or aluminum in the shipbuilding industry (required)
- Must be able to manage a crew of individuals to get the job done efficiently, effectively, and safely.
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and ABS regulations.
- Assist in planning and managing welding procedure qualifications.
- Assist Superintendent in meeting production schedule, maintaining resources and training needs within the Dept.
- Assist Superintendent in resolving issues with regard to day-to-day operations.
- Comply with the company, Federal, State, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Flag cranes, figure weights, and know-how to rig all types of lifts.
- Inspect welds for compliance with American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) specifications.
- Manage employees and plan ahead to have their crew work safely.
- Monitor your work performance and productivity.
- Provide technical assistance and oversee the workforce in the Welding or Pipe Welding Departments.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly or indirectly supervise employees assigned to the Welding or Pipe Welding Depts.
- The responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, verbal, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.