Website Emerson Automation Solutions
Welding Specialist I Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Specialist I|
|Location||Boulder, CO, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is seeking a Welding Specialist who has expert-level welding skills, teamwork, and work habits.
Capable of safely performing all welding-related tasks using the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding method in accordance with the requirements of ASME Sec. IX, the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), and internal specifications.
- The applicants may be required a basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have previous welding work experience in the related field.
- Cooperate and communicate well with co-workers, support staff, and others. Willingly share skills and knowledge. Actively seek feedback to aid in the development of new skills. Set a good example for others, is a good role model.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance, safety, housekeeping, and general work habits.
- Ensure product and process quality is maintained/improved. Work with manufacturing support to document and maintain accurate area PMAPS. Assist with process audits to ensure quality system compliance.
- Keep work areas clean and organized, in accordance with 5s+1 principles.
- Know and follow safety procedures as required in a specific operation. Identify safety concerns and take appropriate action.
- Maintain proper process documentation for all operations performed by recording heat lots, welder ID, date, etc. on shop travelers.
- Participate in New Product Introduction (NPI) Teams. Support prototype, alpha, and pilot build. Help design tooling. Develop training documentation and processes for new products. Serve as liaison between manufacturing specialists and engineering.
- Perform preventative maintenance on, and ensure calibration of, equipment, tools, and fixtures, as required.
- Perform visual weld inspection before, during, and after each welding operation.
- Produce code qualified welds, in the 1G and 2G positions using the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding method manually and with automated equipment.
- Recognize, initiate, and lead improvement activities through the use of established programs such as; Continuous Improvement Process (CIP), Lean Manufacturing tools, and techniques to facilitate improvement of quality metrics such as cycle time and first pass yield.
- Train others to independently identify work to be done using specified techniques, tools, machinery, and materials through process development.
- Work on assignments that are frequently non-routine and moderately complex in nature, where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Refer only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned per specific department or area.
- Ability to read and perform basic math, and interpret engineering drawings, procedures, and welding symbols.
- Capable of and willing to work on a variety of assignments that may be complex in nature.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the Micro Motion team, both inter and intra departmentally.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit emerson.taleo.net.