Advanced Inspection Engineer (Manufacturing Quality Engineering) Job Highlights
|Title||Advanced Inspection Engineer (Manufacturing Quality Engineering)|
|Location||Cupertino, CA, United States|
Apple is a technology company that specializes in computer software, consumer electronics, and online services.
The company is seeking an Advanced Inspection Engineer who will be responsible for the development of the inspection equipment that determines if a product meets Apple’s high standards across all of the mechanical portions of hardware we make – iPhone, Mac, iPad, Watch, and others.
- The applicants should have B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Design, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. M.Sc. or Ph.D. is a plus
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience applying computer or machine vision or machine learning techniques to build models that are deployable in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 2D/3D triangulation laser systems and/or CCD inspection systems such as Halcon, Keyence, Cognex, and/or Visco
- Be responsible for the judgment of millions of units per day in a challenging production environment.
- Explain not just how to build solutions or models to answer problems, but how to deploy models
- Required to balance technical requirements while effectively managing collaborations with vendors to maintain schedule and ramp dates.
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience.
- Demonstrated technical skills in Machine or Computer Vision as well Machine Learning (CNNs, object detection)
- Experience building Software ML solutions – all the way from inception to production. Proficiency in Python is preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms AWS and deployment tools like docker
- Experienced user of machine learning and statistical-analysis libraries, such as Turi Create, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, SciPy.
- International team leadership: Academic or Professional Work Experience
- Proficiency with Python, CLI, Linux, and Unix shell scripting
- Ability to Travel approximately 25-50% of the time
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes (i.e. CNC, modeling, laser welding, etc.)
- Creativity and collaboration will be key in excelling in this role.
- Familiar with mechanical metrology systems qualification processes, such as GRR, Correlation, Stability and Reliability
- Intermediate knowledge of automation including system layout, architecture, and cycle time optimization for optical, motion, and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- Must have a strong interest and understanding of technical details whilst simultaneously having a firm grasp of the big picture as it relates to overall final product quality
- Proficient use of English both written and oral
- Software development skills
- Understanding of optics, image acquisition, software filtering, and judgment algorithms.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. The company takes affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.