Website S&C Electric Company
Advanced Technician Job Highlights
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Chicago, IL, United States
|S&C Electric Company
S&C Electric Company is a leading provider of switching, protection, and control solutions for electric power systems. The company’s mission is to continually develop new solutions for electricity delivery, fostering the improved efficiency and reliability required for the intelligent grid.
The company is searching for an Advanced Technician who will perform various construction and installation tasks on continuous improvement and rearrangement projects as assigned.
Work closely with various Product Divisions, Support Organizations, contractors, consultants, and other Facilities personnel.
Tasks include measuring, snapping lines, working from ladders, dismantling, reading, and interpreting drawings and layouts for rearrangement scope, disconnecting and reconnecting equipment and machinery, cutting, bending and installing/dismantling existing piping systems, cutting, threading and assembling piping, properly terminating piping valves and accessories, dismantling/assembly of pallet and tub racking, dismantlement/assembly of pan racks, anchoring equipment, and accessories to concrete floors, walls, etc., dismantling/assembly of SUS tubular carts, dismantling/assembly of roller conveyor, rigging and movement of equipment both manually and operating a forklift truck
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess 5 years of experience as an Industrial Technician
- Mig and Tig welding experience
- Assisting other facilities personnel with survey or engineering and construction task work.
- Exercising some judgment and making decisions on assigned projects.
- Fabrication, installation, and detailed assembly work as required, and production rearrangements
- Mild rigging and millwork
- Reading layouts, diagrams, project commissioning documents, and material lists with the ability to conduct field surveys
- Use appropriate welding gases to produce quality welds and set up fixtures for a variety of welding assignments
- Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, or schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of mechanical problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated ability using a variety of hand/power tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Proficiency with shop math, hand tools, and some understanding of mechanical gauges.
- Bending Frequent – bending required to perform job tasks.
- Carrying Occasional – carrying of equipment components or tools weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Handling Continuous – handling of small hand tools, power tools, and equipment
- Lifting Frequent – lifting of components ranging from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Pushing Occasional – use of hand truck, or parts cart, to move portable equipment a moderate distance.
- Reaching Frequent – reaching to install and remove parts or assemblies from equipment.
- Standing Remaining in an upright position 75% of the time with intermittent walking and sitting.
- Walking Frequent – walking short distances from job to job throughout the plant.
- The company offers broad opportunities for advancement, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and a strong package of pay and benefits.
S&C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit ejia.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.