Website S&C Electric Company
Supervisor (Polymers) Job Highlights
|Title||Supervisor – Polymers|
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||S&C Electric Company|
S&C Electric Company is a leading provider of switching, protection, and control solutions for electric power systems. The company’s mission is to continually develop new solutions for electricity delivery, fostering the improved efficiency and reliability required for the intelligent grid.
The company is looking for a Supervisor (Polymers) who will provide supervision and direction for our Welding/Grinding/Painting operations and report to the Assistant Manager-Finishing Operations.
- Applicants should be a High School Graduate
- An Associate’s Degree in a Technical or related field
- Possess 5 years of experience combining supervisory level responsibility
- Leadership or supervision experience
- Anticipating, investigating, and resolving departmental problems and conflicts.
- Coaching and counseling direct reports and participating in establishing appropriate development plans
- Contributing input and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Determining needs and scheduling employee work assignments to meet department goals.
- Developing and implementing processes to continue the transformation and adoption of Lean Manufacturing concepts in order to effectively meet all department goals
- Developing and implementing processes to improve quality, delivery, and productivity, and assure the safe performance of all functions in the department through the use of KPI boards
- Identifying individual training and skill development criteria to meet departmental/divisional needs.
- Initiating decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Promoting safety awareness and housekeeping, and investigating and reporting on safety incidents.
- Utilizing strong project management techniques involving major capital initiatives.
- Writing and conducting employee reviews
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and good PC skills
- Proven team building and change management skills to coach, mentor, and empower team members throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, e.g. 4-Step Problem Solving process.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of metal fabrication, machining, and finishing processes and equipment.
- Carrying: Some carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20lbs
- Lifting: Some lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 40 lbs
- Standing: Some days require standing.
- Walking: Moderate walking of distances up to 1 mile around the S&C Campus.
S&C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit ejia.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.