Website GE Aviation
Aerospace Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd Shift)|
|Location||Dayton, OH, United States|
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
The company is searching for an Aerospace Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a TIG welding training course (formal or informal program) or previous experience as a TIG welder
- Successful completion of the Unison-Dayton TIG welding test
- Connects cables from the welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified. Starts power supply to produce an electric current.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Manually applies filler rod to supply weld metal. Cleans weld joint or workpiece. Prepares rework parts for welding.
- Manually guides torch along weld line, maintaining the length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- May tack assemblies together.
- Positions or clamps workpieces together or assembles them in a jig or fixture.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Welds together metal components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, or manufacturing operations sheet (MOS), using Tig welding equipment.
- Will use a computer daily (checking email, viewing/downloading shop drawings and instructions)
- Ability to receive and act on constructive feedback
- Able to carry out operations according to set procedures or sequences.
- Able to work effectively when receiving general supervision (This involves performing routine assignments alone.)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history and availability to work overtime as needed
- Makes decisions based on experience and available data
- Strives to meet or exceed job requirements
- Takes Pride in the work they are doing
- Team Player and willing to operate in a professional environment
- Ability to use standards shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
- Able to accurately read and complete forms
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or graphic form
- Able to apply learning and experience to deal with variables within specifications
- Able to complete the Elano welding vision test (as a new hire and annually)
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds. May occasionally lift 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Able to read related technical material and apply principles to daily operations (this includes reading and interpreting blueprints).
- Able to read safety rules in the use and maintenance of shop equipment.
- Able to subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals, and whole numbers
- 11 Paid Holidays throughout the year (after 30 days)
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity Leave (after 1 year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Package on Day 1
- No city taxes for Beavercreek
- Paid Vacation time (increased time based on years of service)
- Quarterly Goal Sharing Program
- Referral and Tuition Reimbursement Program (after 6 months)
- Room for internal movement and promotional opportunities
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.