Arc Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Arc Welding Engineer|
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
EWI is the leading engineering and technology organization in North America dedicated to developing, testing, and implementing advanced manufacturing. The company is a world leader in developing and deploying new technologies that enable companies to bridge the gap between R&D and manufacturing implementation.
The company is looking for an Arc Welding Engineer who will support the Arc Welding & DED Processes Group, and coordinate and execute engineering tasks in support of projects for both government and commercial clients.
- The applicants should have completed B.S. in Welding Engineering from a college/university.
- M.S. in Welding Engineering is a plus
- The candidates should have 8 years or more in a welding engineering role
- Experience with both conventional and advanced arc welding equipment, processes, and consumables
- Experience with computer-aided manufacturing platforms (Autodesk PowerMill, Siemens NX, Robotmaster, Octpuz) for welding and/or metal DED AM is a plus
- Experience with industrial welding automation and controls, robotic arc welding, and offline programming and simulation
- Develops innovative ideas through internal research and development (IRD) projects to build areas of expertise and develop new innovative EWI capabilities
- Discovers and develops technical business opportunities that connect clients with EWI’s broad range of technical services and capabilities
- Effectively delivers oral presentations to both external and internal audiences
- Leads projects by managing the technical approach, coordinating resources in support of project execution, managing expectations with the client, and delivering the results to the client
- Plans and executes projects according to project scope, budget, schedule, and client expectations
- Prepares clear, concise, and accurate technical reports (written and PowerPoint style) for clients and/or internal audiences
- Prepares written work scopes, resource requirements, and schedules for technical proposals
- Pro-actively interacts with clients to discover their problems, issues, and goals; and formulates solutions that impact their business
- Promotes and communicates EWI’s capabilities by presenting at conferences, consortia meetings, client meetings, or internal meetings as required
- Works on-site to analyze manufacturing/fabrication situations, implement advanced technology solutions, resolve technical issues with existing arc welding technology, and/or performs manufacturing process assessments (less than 15% of the time)
- Ability to effectively deliver results while working in a diverse multi-disciplinary project team that may consist of both internal and client resources
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, gather and sort relevant data, and process data logically to determine preferred solution
- Ability to lead projects by providing technical oversite, coordinating resources, managing expectations, and preparing and delivering the results to the client while meeting the scope, budget, and schedule requirements
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external customers
- Analyzes and understands the impact of individual contribution to project and company financial performance
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and PowerPoint-style reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations at conferences, consortia meetings, client meetings, or internal meetings
- Experience applying commercially available arc welding robotics and controls
- Experience in relevant arc welding-based codes and standards
- Expertise in applications of conventional and advanced arc welding equipment, processes, and consumables
- Offline robotic programming experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proven adaptability and flexibility as a part of a team
- Utilizes judgment in communication styles and behaviors; recognizes the impact on other team members and the client
EWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Male/Female, Disability, and Protected Veteran Status.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.