Website Dragados USA
Assemble Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Virginia Beach, VA, United States|
Dragados is one of the leading construction brands within the ACS Group. It is a member of ACS Group’s Construction Division.
ACS Group has earned worldwide recognition as an expert in the promotion, development, construction, and management of infrastructures and services. The group shows a lasting commitment to contributing to the development of the countries in which it has a presence by bringing about improvements in their well-being and sustainable growth.
The company (Dragados USA) is seeking an Assemble Welder who will repair and fabricate steel structures as required and support the assembly and disassembly operations.
- The applicants may be required to have basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 year of welding experience performing the following techniques-
-Ability to weld with hard-facing rod
-Stick – Shielded Metal Arc Welding (most used electrodes: 7018, 6010, and T71)
-Torch and plasma cutting
- Construct, assembly and connect mechanical systems, like conveyor belt structures, Grouting batching plants, Gantry Cranes and a Tunnel Boring Machines
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment
- Responsible for putting together component parts or pieces adhering to a specified set of blueprints or schematics. Verify the correct quantities of components parts and quality checking completed items, manage parts inventory and use hand tools and mechanical equipment to produce structurally sound products and structures
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Arm-Hand Steadiness – The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Control Precision – The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
- Multilimbed Coordination – The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
Dragados USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.