Website Stanley Black & Decker
Automation Delivery Engineering Manager (Industrial) Job Highlights
|Title||Automation Delivery Engineering Manager – Industrial|
|Location||Dexter, MI, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for an Automation Delivery Engineering Manager who has the following things-
- You’re a team motivator
- You always push projects to the limit of achieving the highest potential of savings, labor reduction, and capacities
- You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life
- You’re a person who can enter unfamiliar situations and processes and adapt very easily and contribute
- You’re able to see innovation in automation and processing others do not see
- You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always
- You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field from an accredited college/university preferably in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience in a similar environment.
- They should have 8+ years of recent manufacturing engineering/technical leadership experience,
- One of the following-
-Previous experience in lower volume steel fabrication preferred or must have the willingness to learn.
-Previous experience working in a high-volume manufacturing facility preferred or must have the willingness to learn.
- Continually seek new technology opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement principles throughout the facility
- Effectively coordinate with cross-functional groups (Product Engineering, Marketing, Finance, EH&S, Purchasing, Operations) to achieve site business objectives. Ensure business buy-in with strategic projects
- Establish Manufacturing Engineering Team and Quality Technician Team priorities, activities/assignments
- Introduce near-neighbor industry process technologies to improve mature manufacturing processes
- Meet or exceed customer requirements for all initiatives
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to the Manufacturing Engineering Team and Quality Technicians to achieve operational and business goals
- Support and expand Lean culture throughout the Facility to create or improve material flow
- Support manufacturing plant capital projects with financial and technical expertise
- Support Stanley Black & Decker Operational business metrics for Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost
- Work closely with product engineering and global manufacturing teams to develop new processes
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems, Six Sigma, PPAP, Capability Studies, and Statistical Process Control a plus
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Basic design skills and knowledge of GD&T, Solid Works, and AUTOCAD
- Experience with the high volume manufacturing process
- Extensive knowledge in machined part design including geometric dimensioning, tolerances, and design for manufacturability.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands-on” approach
- Knowledge and participation with Lean Manufacturing Principles (i.e. Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, Poka-Yoke, Standard Work, Process Mapping, 5S, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Knowledge of ISO9001/14001 is a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred or willing to get certified preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and be a team player
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, SAP, AutoCAD (or CAD software), ProTrak, etc.
- Project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously using MS Project Software
- Strong knowledge of multi manufacturing processes, which would include but not be limited to, plastic injection molding, machining, fixturing, automation, controls, low volume metal fabrication, fabrication fixturing, welding.
- The willingness to learn any manufacturing processes not familiar with
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.