Axle Welder Job Highlights
|Location||York, SC, United States|
Meritor is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, and specialty and aftermarket customers around the world.
The company is searching for an Axle Welder who will perform line welding of various pan hards, leveling brackets, abs studs, shields, and other weld components; repairs and rework and modifies related equipment at the Meritor facility.
The Line Welder is responsible for the welding of parts using various welding processes.
- Educational Level is not mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Current Valid Welding certificate (or present within 30 days of hire)
- Experience in determining proper welding techniques for various alloys
- Experience using tools and equipment common in welding to fabricate, fit, assemble, manufacture, and repair parts and equipment;
- Experience working from blueprints and plans and specifications to determine dimensions, tolerances, and layout of work
- Previous Welding experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus or a combination of experience and education.
- Effectively follow instructions from supervisors, and managers, regarding layout designs, and machine programs
- Effectively operate PLC program on automated equipment to achieve the expected result
- Fabricates piece parts to specified quality and production rate utilizing manual MIG welding, and automated robotic welding processes
- Keep work area, tools, materials, and equipment clean and orderly
- Perform upkeep of programming, housekeeping, and maintenance of robot, fixtures, and equipment
- Read and interpret bills of materials, blueprints, or drawings in metric and standard to determine the specific welding requirements and fixturing.
- Read, understand and follow all SafeStart Work practices and procedures for welding machinery and equipment.
- Run tests to determine accuracy and quality
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or use a Welding Procedure Specification process
- Uses micrometers and precision measuring tools, and all related hand or power tools
- Uses plans, diagrams, blueprints, and work requests to determine the part configuration, and works with managers to ensure needs are met
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Outstanding professional communication skills
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit meritor.jobs.net.