Website Toyota North America
Bodyweld Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Lexington, KY, United States|
|Company||Toyota North America|
Toyota North America works hard to create some of the highest quality vehicles and provides innovative ways to advance society with cutting-edge technology.
The company is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Production Engineer. The primary responsibility is to manage technical operations, systems, and projects for a designated process area.
The person in this role will support the Body Weld department’s objective to ensure that all safety, quality, productivity, and cost targets are achieved and tracked utilizing FMDS tools (KPI Management).
The prospective candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering from a welding school or 3+ years of equivalent working experience in a Manufacturing Engineering Role.
- Experience leading and coordinating project schedules related to Safety, Quality, Productivity, and/or Cost including schedule creation and KPI management
- Experience leading/participating in cross-shop projects or problem-solving teams through Jishuken activity and internal working groups/quality circles and TPS tools
- Experience with robot automation and/or system integration including PLC communication and/or networking from system to mechanical
- Experience with technical specifications and implementation of major and minor equipment and/or process changes
- Plant level experience in a Toyota manufacturing environment as a Team Member or Contractor
Note: Willingness to work weekends and July/December holiday shutdowns as necessary
- Analyze process KPI’s and identify/facilitate kaizen activity.
- Be a technical resource for production, maintenance, and quality to support manufacturing operations and standardization thru documentation, training, and audits.
- Conduct Feasibility Study and Risk Assessment prior to process and engineering changes being made.
- Coordinate and manage supplier/contractor activity to include job scope, expectations, safety, and schedules.
- Coordinate process audits utilizing process RJ/JKK requirements to assure Quality Management System compliance.
- Develop technical instruction to assure quality requirements are met.
- Lead by “Safety First” mindset, Toyota Way, Jishuken activity, and TPS Principles.
- Lead Projects and teams utilizing tools such as project milestone management, gate KPI report outs, problem tracking, problem tracking summaries, and working group meetings.
- Lead technical problem-solving activities related to process equipment and new technology integration.
- Support development and execution of annual plans aligned with company and department hosting goals.
- Support Production and Maintenance departments to solve system/process problems and implement countermeasure activity.
- Catia and/or Carrot3 experience
- Direct working experience in a Toyota Body Weld role
- Experience with Equipment Kanban process and machine risk assessment
- Experience writing Ringi’s, including budget management
- Robot and/or Vision System Programing experience
- Toyopuc experience including the ability to read and interpret
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible work options (if applicable)
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools, and more
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Vehicle purchase and lease programs
Toyota USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tmm.taleo.net.