Website Lamb Weston
Boiler/Refrigeration Specialist Job Highlights
|Location||Connell, WA, United States|
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer, and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. The company has led the frozen potato industry in innovation, introducing inventive products. Lamb Weston products can be found in more than 100 countries around the world.
The company is looking for a Boiler/Refrigeration Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining, adjusting, troubleshooting, and operating boiler and refrigeration systems.
Maintenance activities include rebuilding, repairing, and servicing equipment per manufacturer specifications/tolerances, welding of steam and water pipes, fabrication, and advanced care of equipment settings, actual pressures, or levels within Technical Operating Specifications. Utilize tools for adjustments of equipment to allow for advanced basic care.
Require to follow approved Standard Operating Procedures when performing operating duties involving anhydrous ammonia.
On occasion, the position could be called on to support other plant processes.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Trade School Certification or Military training related to Boiler and Refrigeration operation (preferred)
- Possess mechanical aptitude and experience in industrial maintenance (preferred)
- Ability to acquire 24 HR HAZWOPER Ammonia Safety training
- Able to effectively operate assigned equipment covered under PSM-covered processes (Process Safety Management)
- Able to maintain and operate Plant Auxiliary support systems such as air and water treatment systems
- Able to operate the systems with minimal supervision
- Able to perform maintenance tasks such as repairs, rebuilds, welding, and service to manufacturers’ specifications for boiler and refrigeration equipment and plant auxiliary support systems, advanced basic care, and operational PMs
- Able to respond in accordance with PSM (Process Safety Management) regulations to ammonia complaints and leaks
- Able to Understand and Follow SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) Operator Guidelines
- Able to update CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) with status and details of work order results daily
- Must operate equipment within standard operating parameters and record equipment set points and readings as required. Must make operational adjustments to ensure equipment operates within standard operating parameters to always ensure stable conditions.
- Routine boiler/refrigeration duties
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to acquire a HazWoper Safety certification
- Ability to recognize and mitigate risk to achieve safe outcomes
- Ability to stay self-motivated and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Able to perform structurally sound welds in all four positions and acceptable cutting
- Advanced knowledge of equipment typical to boiler and refrigeration operations
- Attention to detail and pride in workmanship
- Available to work any shift or all days of the week in accordance with operational needs
- HVAC or Industrial Refrigeration Certification (Preferred)
- Knowledge and use of PDM tools such as alignment tools
- Strong maintenance and fabricating skills
- Welding certifications (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and Team Leaders
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety documents and processes, operating and maintenance instructions or work orders, and technical and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient in basic mathematical calculations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to talk or hear and taste or smell
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, hazardous or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level around the equipment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided by the company.
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge-type services
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Financial Wellness – Industry-leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.