Website Lamb Weston
Process Mechanic Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Process Mechanic Specialist|
|Location||Connell, WA, United States|
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer, and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. The company has led the frozen potato industry in innovation, introducing inventive products. Lamb Weston products can be found in more than 100 countries around the world.
The company is seeking a Process Mechanic Specialist who will primarily work in the processing area, roof area, facilities area, disposal, and process effluent pretreatment facility.
Occasionally, the position could be called on to support maintenance tasks in the plant Packaging, Refrigeration area.
Responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance work and supporting the operation of production, processing, diagnosing equipment problems, executing repairs, replacing, and setting up equipment, using equipment repair manuals, and assisting in the training operators in equipment operation and basic care.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess mechanical aptitude and experience in industrial maintenance (preferred)
- Able to diagnose and repair problems with valves, and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Able to maintain organized workspaces, tools, support 5S, centerlining, and documentation.
- Able to perform maintenance work, repair, and adjustment of process water equipment; change and replace belts, pulleys, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, pumps, general maintenance, lubrication on other specialty equipment unique to process water, and perform general building maintenance such as on doors and windows.
- Able to perform structurally sound welds and acceptable cutting.
- Able to read operating instructions and maintenance manuals to perform repairs.
- Able to use TIG, MIG, Arc welders
- Alignments (pumps, sprockets, and MTR-11 conveyors
- Pdm – temp checks
- Ability to install and correctly use the alignment tool on pumps couplers to motors
- Ability to rebuild centrifugal pumps
- Ability to rebuild peeler vessel door assembly, door alignment, and gaskets
- Ability to replace steam block and bearings with detailed measurements including torque specs
- Being able to change steam peeler valves and understand the function of the valve’s operations
- Knowledge of using correct lubricants per equipment
- Be able to repair Fryer chain conveyor, replace a section of chain or rods
- Knowledge of how fryer, heat exchanger, circ. Pump, lakos, lakos purge auger works and operates.
- Ability to change out iso-flow drives (single and double)
- Ability to troubleshoot shakers, rehang shakers with new boards and be able to identify stroke without sticker/gage
- Ability to adjust count per pound and change out the cut-off wire on former head
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and make adjustments on L4 former head
- Knowledge on rebuilding the whole former head main bearings, cam bearings, adjustments on transitions seals
- Ability to make repairs and replace MTR-11 conveyor
- Knowledge on rebuilding the whole MTR-11 conveyor (conveyor, setting sprockets, directional, and runners)
- Ability to perform structurally sound welds and acceptable cutting (mild steel, stainless steel)
- Ability to weld all positions
- Able to use oxy-ace torches and plasmarc
- Able to use stick welder to perform repairs
- Able to use TIG, MIG, Arc welders (gas, rods, wire) change out as needed
- Knowledge of fabricating guards, chutes, pump stands, etc.
- Ability to acquire and maintain tools on Mech Specialist tools list within 7 days in the role
- Ability to assist operators
- Ability to rebuild equipment cylinders, and seal plates, including troubleshooting failures
- Ability to recognize and mitigate risk to achieve safe outcomes
- Ability to stay self-motivated and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully utilize computer systems and processes that support effective work planning.
- Ability to train trainee/beginners mechanics
- Attention to detail and pride in workmanship
- History of working safely including both, those new to the company and current LW employees
- Independently lead big jobs with a group of mechanics
- Knowledge to perform general building maintenance such as roll-up doors, man doors, windows, and restrooms
- Cooperation is a willingness to assist and cooperate with all departments and all personnel when called upon. It includes always being open to assisting anyone who needs help
- Dependability is to consistently execute work plans to achieve desired outcomes
- An initiative shall be defined as one who is a self-starter and does not require constant supervision to practice good work habits
- Skills demonstration will assess the candidate’s ability to read and comprehend equipment repair manuals, and ability to use and get certified in using shop power tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety documents and processes, operating and maintenance instructions or work orders, and technical and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and Team Leaders alike
- Must be proficient in basic mathematical calculations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to talk or hear and taste or smell
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, hazardous or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- The noise level around the equipment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided by the company
- Ability to get certified in confined space to the level of the rescue team
- Ability to obtain certification for forklift, knuckle boom, and man lift
- Ability to perform simple plumbing tasks
- Ability to use hoists and rigging equipment safely
- Knowledge of equipment typical to processing like peelers, blanchers, dryers, fryers, screening shakers, former head, rock traps, conveyors (black/white belting, MTR-11belting, modular belt) gearboxes, pumps (positive displacement and centrifugal), lambguns switchers, application of hydraulics and pneumatics for opening, closing, and controlling equipment
- Knowledge of fasteners, and torque spec on all equipment that is stated below
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge-type services
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Financial Wellness – Industry-leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.