Boilermaker Job Highlights
|Baytown, TX, United States
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across the energy. It provides consulting, project, and operation solutions with specializations in project management, engineering, procurement, construction management, maintenance management, production support, power generation, offshore, onshore, oil sands, pipeline, refining, chemicals, industrial, gas turbines, and renewable energy.
The company needs a Boilermaker to join the team in Baytown, Texas.
- The applicants should have at least 2-3 years as an apprentice/helper in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator, or Welding.
- Should have at least 1-2 years as a journeyman, Boilermaker, or Pipefitter-Bolt Up.
- Must possess an NCCER certification card or successfully pass an in-house craft assessment.
- The candidates should have experience in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator, or Welding field.
- They must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on foundations.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s, or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks.
- Follow the rules of safe conduct always.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Wood is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Note: The US Only – authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.