Website West Fraser
Certified Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||100 Mile House, BC, Canada|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking for a Certified Millwright who will play a key role in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Applicants should have a valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Possess an experience with the various automated operations and systems in a modern interior saw and planer mills
- Previous experience working in a sawmill
- A Welding Certificate
Millwrights with welding certificates are urged to apply. Fourth-year apprentices will also be considered.
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings, and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document repairs made
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Flexible schedule to work days, nights, or weekend shifts
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated journeyperson with demonstrated ability to apply trade skills and knowledge safely and effectively
- The company offers a rate of pay and benefits as per the USW Local 1-2017 Collective Agreement
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.