Website KCI Technologies
Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||Virginia Beach, VA, United States|
KCI Technologies is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting, and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. The company is an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices, and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
The company is looking for a Certified Welding Inspector who will monitor the welding of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for VDOT roadway, structure, and bridge construction/maintenance projects of routine to moderate complexity, under the direction of a Construction Quality Control Manager or lead.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 to 9 years of experience.
- Inspects and monitors field fit-ups and welding on steel structures.
- Plans and Schedules work and inspection phases with contractor’s superintendent and agency personnel
- Performs UT, MT, and VT NDT testing.
- Advises contractors, other inspectors, and supervisors of nonconformance and recommends adjustments to operations
- Monitor and provide assignments and instructions to more junior and less experienced inspectors
- Prepares Daily Reports of inspections and testing
- Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions
- Takes field measurements and makes basic calculations as needed.
- Track deficiencies and nonconformance and their corrective actions; document in Daily Report
- Verifies welding to be in compliance with drawings, VDOT specifications, WPS standards, special provisions, contract documents, and AWS D1.1 and D1.5
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Able to read and understand steel construction/erection and welding plans
- The best candidate will have both CWI and UT, MT, VT; NDT certifications however either/any certifications will be considered.
- Working knowledge of VDOT R&B specifications is a plus-
- Expert knowledge of welding plans and specification symbols, and terminology
- General mathematics knowledge and ability to perform basic math calculations
- Knows various heavy equipment used in construction
- Operating computer equipment, software programs, and functional computer usage including familiarity with Microsoft office suite software
- Maintain detailed records and keep documentation organized
- Must have good communication skills with the construction supervisors, foreman, VDOT and other inspectors and the general public
- Accurately records and reports daily forms per project requirements
- Adheres to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Communicates effectively with client, contractor, staff, and supervisor
- Evaluates staff performance and provides input to project management staff
- Has the specific knowledge to perform all duties
- Identifies training requirements and arranges for staff training
- Maintains all required certifications and participates in training courses as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proactively resolves problems at the lowest level
- Reviews all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting
- Reviews job site safety daily and take immediate action to document and resolve issues
- Submits accurate timesheets, mileage and expense reports on time each week
- Supervises onsite team
- Understands all applicable industry standards for project and performs all tasks per standards and client requirements
- Understands OSHA Safety Standards and KCI corporate policies and follows them at all times
- Bereavement, Military and Jury Duty Leave
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Health Insurance – Including Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Membership to area Credit Unions
- Other various Employee Perks and Discount Opportunities
- Paid Leave and Holidays – Including a Floating Holiday
- Part-Time Benefits
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Retirement Plans – Including Traditional and Roth 401(k) Plan and company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Sons and Daughters Scholarship Program
- Wellness and Fitness Rewards Programs with Incentives and Sponsorships
KCI Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-kci.icims.com.