Website TRC Companies
Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||South Portland, ME, United States|
TRC Companies is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power, and infrastructure markets.
The company is seeking Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI) who can perform quality assurance inspections to support projects with various DOT and commercial clients.
The prospective candidate must be proficient in structural steel fabrication, and knowledgeable in construction materials inspection and testing (CMT).
Note: Local candidates only!
- The applicants should be an American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and it will be verified through www.aws.org.
- ASNT Level II certification preferred. Will convert existing certifications to our written practice.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of project experience with structural steel fabrication.
- Previously, currently, or otherwise experienced in nondestructive testing (NDT) preferred in the following methods: Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), and Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Familiarity and experience with primarily AASHTO/AWS D1.1 but also AASHTO/AWS D1.5.
- Coatings experience (primarily galvanizing and painting) preferred
- Attend prefabrication meetings as required
- Perform full Visual (VT) Testing inspection per applicable coded requirements.
- Perform third party DOT structural steel fabrication quality assurance inspection and reporting
- Provide oversight (witness) inspection of magnetic particle and ultrasonic testing.
- Read and interpret shop drawings, specifications, and project special provisions to verify compliance with material quality
- Sampling construction materials for testing when required
- Utilize applicable ASTM and AASHTO construction specifications
Note: Pass pre-hire drug screening/testing
- Ability to develop and maintain client relations
- Ability to travel domestically for short periods to material fabrication facilities
- Ability to use the following: Laptop computer, cell (smart) phone, scanner, and printer
- Ability to work closely with other fabrication, construction, and quality personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, internet, report writing, file (photograph and other) attachments.
- Good Driving Record (driver license will be verified
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.trccompanies.com.