Special Processes Supplier Quality Representative Job Highlights
|Title||Special Processes Supplier Quality Representative|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Philadelphia, PA, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is looking for a candidate who can contribute to work from the seabed to outer space.
Note: This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed locations.
- The candidates should have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate of Science Degree from an accredited course of study, in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years of related work experience, etc.).
- Experience performing analysis to identify and evaluate the quality of products, operations, and processes to a Quality Management System requirement, applicable company procedures, contract requirements, and/or government regulations
- Experience auditing to quality system standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management best practices and processes
- Lean or lean six sigma experience (leading or co-leading teams with value stream mapping and shop floor standard work events)
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100 and AS9145
- Working knowledge of various quality tools and processes such as FMEA, control plans, SPC and MSA
- Apply knowledge of materials, and special processes to assess supplier capability and capacity to perform and comply with Boeing specifications, engineering documents, or other contractual and regulatory requirements
- Apply technical expertise to monitor, coach, or recommend improvements to suppliers to develop and maintain internal processes that are repeatable, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly
- Assesses capability and capacity of suppliers to perform current or potential future work
- Conduct training and coordinate company initiatives to improve supplier performance and productivity
- Create presentations and present to senior management at suppliers and Boeing
- Develop training materials and other resources to support improvements in supplier performance and productivity
- Identify risks and hold suppliers accountable for the mitigation of those risks
- Plan and conduct audits and assessments of complex supplier systems, processes, and products
- Plan, organize and conduct onsite audits of D1-4426 approved processors
- Provide education and coaching on quality systems, regulatory compliance issues, and company initiatives
- Strong understanding of root cause and corrective action analysis and implementation of preventative action
- Use of a personal vehicle, when required for company business, would be reimbursed at mileage rate per company policy
Note: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Knowledge of materials (metallic and nonmetallic), and special processes (heat treatment of metals, welding, brazing, chemical processes/finishes and coatings, composite hardware manufacturing processes, metal bonding processes, non-destructive testing).
- Strong understanding of root cause and corrective action analysis and implementation of acceptable preventative action
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.