Website Magna International
Welding Engineer (Manufacturing Plant Support) Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Engineer (Manufacturing Plant Support)|
|Location||Bowling Green, OH, United States|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
- The company is seeking a welding engineer to join its team for various activities in a manufacturing plant.
- The prospective candidates should have completed a 4 Year Weld Engineering Degree or Equivalent from an accredited institute/welding school.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in an automotive welding engineering, design, and program development environment
- Extensive knowledge of automotive welding and fabrication processes. Resistance welding experience required.
- Knowledge in OSHA safety requirements
- Prior experience in weld laboratory duties
- Proficiency with Advanced Product Quality Planning methods
- Strong computer skills are required
- Strong experience/knowledge in robotic programming for welding processes, preferably using Fanuc or MotoMan equipment
- Achieve department objectives in support of company production, quality, and safety goals
- Adhere to customer requirements, business operating systems, and company policies
- Attend and participate in department meetings, plant meetings, and training; participate in customer visitations as designated by the department manager
- Communicate effectively with company personnel, customers, and vendors
- Develop and implement a training program for maintenance technicians in the troubleshooting and repair of robotic GMAW welding equipment
- Develop and implement a training program for troubleshooting and problem solving of welding issues
- Develop and implement documents and procedures for validation of welding equipment and processes to meet or exceed customer specifications
- Develop and implement parameters for weld length, leg length, throat length, penetration, and structural quality for welded automotive assemblies
- Develop and implement training and certification program for production associates in robotic and hand GMAW/TIG welding techniques and procedures
- Develop and implement work instructions for part fit-up, tack, weld, and repair requirements
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding current and new weld assembly processing, tooling, and equipment
- Maintain weld drawings
- Participate in APQP processes relating to the design of weld assembly work cells and tooling
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Promote continual improvement in weld quality and weld processes
- Provide Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel as assigned with welding expertise to support existing and new customer programs
- Provide reports as required by the Engineering Manager or other departments
- Provide technical welding expertise to the welding lab, including personnel, equipment, documents, and records of compliance.
- Recommend design changes to improve quality, reliability, and productivity of welding processes
- Supervise and manage the setup and programming of robots for welding
- Support new program launches and customer expectations
- Work effectively with Q.A., Engineering, and Production departments’ associates for continual improvement of department methods, procedures, and policies; assist in the implementation of aforementioned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers, and customers and work effectively within a team environment
- Able to organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to prepare, read, write, and interpret written reports, procedures, instructions, and guidelines
- Able to travel as needed
- Able to use computer and software as required
- Able to work flexible and additional hours as required
- Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive employee relations
- Familiarity with Engineering and Quality practices and procedures including APQP, PPAP, blueprint reading, GD&T, use of measuring instruments, checking aids/fixtures, computer applications, mechanical testing, and customer and IATF 16949 requirements
- Good organizational, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
The company offers a market competitive wage and benefit package including a 401(k) with company match, 3 levels of PPO medical, dental, and vision insurance (eligible after 60 days), profit sharing program, and numerous other benefits including paid time off, holidays, and others.
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.