Website Blue Origin
CNC Laser Operator Job Highlights
|Title||CNC Laser Operator|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is looking for a CNC Laser Operator who will program and operate CNC laser processing machines to produce high-value aerospace components.
- The applicants may be required basic education that is a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- CNC system programming, both at the machine control and with offline software
- Jog and dry-run CNC machine to set up processing
- Operate fiber laser equipment
- Provide manufacturing feedback to design engineers
- Provide process improvement feedback to process engineers
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Safely work within an industrial environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to set up and precisely position large scale hardware
- Understanding of laser optics and processes such as cutting and welding, and part set-up including knowledge of laser safety practices.
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (basic lathe, mill)
- CNC G-code language online programming
- CNC offline CAM programming
- Crane operator/lift coordinator experience
- The company offers benefits that include Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien, or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.