Website Blue Origin
Industrial Engineer II Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Engineer II|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking an Industrial Engineer who has an excellent project management acuity and analytical ability that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires strong attention to detail and a passion for providing more than just numbers.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor of Science in Operations Research, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration from a college/university.
- 3 to 6 years of experience working directly with manufacturing in a production environment
- 2 years of experience leading continuous improvement and value stream mapping events.
- 2 years of factory flow and process modeling and simulations experience
- 2 years of Financial Management
- 2 years Project Management
- 3 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing and/or facilities planning
- Integrated Systems – value stream analysis, facility layouts, production systems design, manufacturing process design, systems thinking, facilities planning, and requirements
- Manage Manufacturing – related Projects
- Operations improvement – ergonomic and human factors, operations plans, recovery planning, capacity planning, capital planning
- Process Improvement – lean manufacturing, engineering economic analysis, process mapping, root cause analysis, statistical methods, six sigma, time studies, waste reduction, and work sampling
- Production Support – production scheduling, theory of constraints, budgets and forecasts, crew empowerment, defect analysis and benchmarking analysis, core competency definition, make/buy evaluations, and cost/price evaluations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional with Excel and manual data analysis
- Strong analytic skill set and a high degree of proficiency in data mining
- Strong teaming skills
- Experience transitioning development to production
- Experience with manufacturing organizations and/or supply chain
- Hands-on experience with materials and manufacturing processes
- Manned space flight production experience
- Operations Management, Construction Management, MSE and/or MBA
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- The company offers benefits that include Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- ITAR – Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.