Website TrueNorth Steel
Construction Laborer/Telehandler Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Construction Laborer/Telehandler Operator|
|Location||Billings, MT, United States|
TrueNorth Steel provides steel-based solutions for customers’ projects in a variety of industries, including agriculture, construction, mining, road and bridge construction, stormwater management, and energy.
The company is seeking a Construction Laborer/Telehandler Operator who will be responsible for installing miscellaneous steel, egress, and structural components in a commercial or industrial setting.
Fit-up, weld, and clean-up of steel handrail, guardrail, stairs, and other mild steel custom components.
- No education level is mentioned, yet basic schooling (High School Diploma) will be a plus
- Possess 1 year of steel or precast concrete installation experience, or related industry experience (preferred)
- 2 years of welding/general construction experience (preferred)
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and blueprints.
- Assist in applying caulking to expansion joints and concrete seams.
- Assist in mixing and applying flowable grout to precast joints and steel column bases.
- Efficiently and safely operate small power tools, such as grinders, core drills, and concrete hammer drills.
- Embrace and demonstrate the qualities of the TrueNorth Steel Game Changer.
- Fit-up, weld, and clean-up of steel handrail, guardrail, stairs, and other mild steel custom components.
- Follow all company safety and quality requirements.
- Install Miscellaneous steel, egress components, and structural components in a commercial or industrial setting.
- Operate man lifts and forklifts efficiently and safely.
- Other duties as assigned, include work on-site when not assigned or scheduled for field installation projects.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- The Construction Services Technician 1 is an entry-level position, with all work being completed with supervision.
- Unload delivery trucks either by hand or machine.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing job site conditions
- Ability to read a tape measure (imperial and metric)
- Ability to tow trailers and equipment
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work safely, accurately, and thoroughly
- Ability to work with others
- Basic knowledge and experience with computer and Microsoft products
- Basic knowledge of welding, grinding, and mechanical fastening
- First Aid Training preferred
- OSHA training or certification (preferred)
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Valid driver’s license
- Attention to Detail
- Blueprint Reading
- MIG Welding
- Tape Measure
- Frequent travel to job sites throughout the state of Montana; 2-5 days of overnight per week; weekends at home; leave for the jobs site on Monday morning and return to Billings (MT) on Friday after lunch; lodging paid for by the company with $50 daily per diem for meals/incidentals.
Position Level 2-
- 3+ years of experience in steel or precast concrete installation, or related industry experience
- Ability to schedule and perform work without supervision
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, with experience learning new software (e.g., Microsoft Office and CPM scheduling platforms)
- Met all requirements of and mastered all aspects of the level 1 position
- OSHA 10 certification (preferred)
- Self-starter, outcome-driven attitude, and behavior
- The Construction Services Technician 2 is a mid-level position, with all work being completed with minimal direct supervision
Position Level 3-
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate and report effectively to the Construction Development Manager
- Ability to develop creative, safe, and effective solutions to complex problems at the worksite
- Ability to find new opportunities and growth with minimal supervision
- Ability to schedule, direct, and manage crews at multiple locations
- Met all requirements of and mastered all aspects of the level 1 and 2 positions
- OSHA 10 certification (required)
- OSHA 30 certification (preferred)
- Strong ability to work and manage in a remote, off-site environment
- The Construction Services Technician 3 is a high-level position, with most work being completed without direct supervision
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, which includes an excellent health/dental package, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account benefits, profit-sharing, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
TrueNorth Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.