Website Bechtel Corporation
Corporate Welding Specialist (Tank) Job Highlights
|Title||Corporate Welding Specialist (Tank)|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is seeking a Corporate Welding Specialist (Tank) to join its team.
- Applicants should have a college/university‘s Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Technology, or Materials Science with 10+ years of welding engineering experience in the home office and field assignments OR
- 14+ years of Welding Engineering experience in home office and field assignments with 10+ years of experience in the tank and heavy industry project construction
- Possess a combination of education and work experience (required)
- Assist in the development of SAW, FCAW, and SMAW welding procedures as well as project staffing plans Responsibilities include oversight of the global construction field welding and NDE special process programs, ISO-9001, ASME, AWS, API, NFPA, AWWA, ASNT, or other design codes or specifications compliance for construction and the performance of the welding and NDE programs in the assigned region
- Perform/Coordinate reviews of subcontractor/vendor welding & NDE submittals to ensure compliance with construction codes and specifications
- Perform interpretation of construction codes, standards, and engineering specifications in order to develop and write corporate welding procedures and standards
- Provide technical direction and support to corporate and projects regarding welding and NDE-related issues for field fabricated tanks
- Responsible for the technical accuracy and alignment of multiple and support of Bechtel’s welding program
- Champion opportunities for home office and field welding engineers/specialists to look for new or improved work processes
- Key contact for the development of SAW and FCAW welding procedures developed for tanks and vessels
- Participate with staff personnel from welding and NDE services, Engineering, and Construction in the development of construction-related field welding and NDE applications and policies in the GBUs and EUs
- Perform project audits in accordance with the applicable Quality Manual
- Perform training on welding and NDE-related issues to organizations and departments outside construction field welding services, including participation on Code and Industry committees.
- Provide assistance in the certification of home office and field welding engineers and specialists
- Provide assistance to the Project Field Engineer and other project team members on all construction welding, NDE, and special process control matters
- Provide technical and administrative support and direction for project construction field welding engineers including training & development
- Support project the lead field welding engineers in resolving personnel and technical related matters as they arise
- The development, preparation, control, and maintenance of the welding and special process procedures, standards, and manuals
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Welding and NDE Services
- Assist in the coordination of NDE Vendors
- Assist in the procurement of welding equipment, consumables, and supplies
- Collect results, trends, and activities and report to the Manager of Welding and NDE Services
- Help establish and implement a welding program
- Maintain and implement corporate responsibilities
- Monitor for best practices to support similar programs
- Provide technical support for welder qualification and training as requested
- Support corporate welding and project lead field welding engineer in resolving technical related matters as they arise
- Available and able to travel extensively to support welding needs on a worldwide basis
- Must be certifiable by written examination to Bechtel’s nondestructive examination requirements as NDE Level II in Radiographic, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, and Visual Examination
- Requires multiple industry business line experiences
- Proficient in multiple welding process applications preferred
- Proficient in the development of technical presentations
- Strong technical background and knowledge of all phases of welding applications, methods, and non-destructive examination relating to construction activities
- Thorough knowledge of ASME, AWS, API, NFPA, AWWA, ASTM, and ASNT codes, specifications, and standards
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.