Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Garden City, NY, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for a Design Engineer who will be responsible for the design of product new business proposals, using CAD solid modeling techniques, the creation of the assembly, and the detailed drawing packages required for the manufacture of the product.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college or university (preferred)
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering/manufacturing positions.
- Aerospace experience is a plus.
- Creation of product drawing package
- Design of special tools and fixtures for production and testing
- Interface with vendors and shop personnel to ensure manufacturability
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems arising during the manufacture of the product
- Liaison with customer for detailed product definition and functionality
- Participate in gated design review meetings as design development progresses
- Prepare engineering change orders as required and incorporate them into drawings upon approval
- Produce graphic illustrations and presentation materials to support reviews
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to communicate the subject matter in the mechanical engineering environment with customers, vendors, and internal personnel.
- Application of standard drafting practices including MIL-STD-100 and ANSI Y14.5
- Knowledge of design principles, manufacturing processes, and mechanical assembly techniques. Knowledge of welding and brazing is desired.
- Use of computer 3D solid modeling system – strong preference for Unigraphics NX
- Siemens NX software, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.