Press Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Peck, MI, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is searching for a Press Operator who can plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal parts, equipment, and products.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- No work experience is mentioned, yet having it will be considered a plus.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications. Repairs and maintains sheet metal products.
- Installs assemblies in a supportive framework according to blueprints.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts or uses templates.
- Operates computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of products or systems.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine the sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal such as galvanized iron, copper, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shapes metal material over an anvil, block, or other forms. Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Ability to define basic problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to follow workplace safety standards.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time and to work overtime as needed.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as basic mathematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills under stressful situations.
- Have the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, colleagues, and members of the business community when required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs. and up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.