Diesel Truck Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Diesel Truck Mechanic|
|Location||Portland, OR, United States|
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is searching for a Diesel Truck Mechanic who will be responsible for safely and properly repairing commercial trucks and various equipment in the repair shop setting and out on road calls.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to 5 years of experience
- Experience performing preventative maintenance
- Experience with basic fabrication, use, and application of welders and gas torch systems
- Mechanical experience working on commercial vehicles
- Assists in maintaining accurate parts inventory by keeping parts in their designated place and recording parts removed
- Attends safety meetings as scheduled by management
- Check, prioritize, and repair equipment write-ups based on safety issues, customer service issues, PM issues, and less critical issues
- Keeps documentation on all repairs and consistently communicates the status of downed vehicles to the shop manager and dispatch
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, reporting all incidents/injuries to management as soon as they occur
- Service equipment according to a planned schedule and in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, and clean commercial trucks and equipment which may include the removal of concrete buildup
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to work in extremes of hot and cold weather and wet environments
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work varying start times including weekends
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (preferred)
- Diesel engine troubleshooting skills with various engine manufacturers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have own tools
- Climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, frequent lifting of 50 pounds, occasional lifting of 75 to 100 pounds, stretching, driving/sitting, using pneumatic and power tools
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.