Millwright/Mechanical Repairperson Job Highlights
|Location||Rillito, AZ, United States|
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is seeking a Millwright/Mechanical Repairperson to join its team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Check your own work for proper dimensions, contour alignment, fit, proper functioning, quality, safety, and conformance to specifications
- Conduct electrical and electronic maintenance and repair as needed
- Diagnose failures, malfunctions, and other breakdowns of machinery, equipment, systems, and structures; modify, rebuild, or repair by fabricating, fitting, adjusting, installing, constructing, disassembling, reassembling, and welding
- Exhibits and maintains safe work and environmental compliance practices
- Fabricate frames, structures, and component parts from sheet metal, flat or rolled stock, etc.; perform any type of welding, brazing, and cutting
- Perform all types of fabrication, construction, erection, installation, maintenance, repair, modification, and rework of machinery, equipment (non-automotive), and structures per blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Perform layout involving straight line, horizontal, parallel, and angular surfaces and constant radius circular flat surfaces from blueprints, welding manuals, and sketches per established shop practice and procedure and from verbal instructions
- Perform mobile equipment maintenance as required
- Performs clean-up duties in all areas of the facility
- Performs duties of Dust Collector and Luber
- Pick up parts from storeroom as required; upon completion of jobs, returns tools, equipment, surplus parts, and materials to designated areas; keep working areas clean, orderly, and safe; replace or construct serviceable guards
- Set up and use rigging and cribbing as required
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in the English language
- Ability to see and hear safety indicators and warnings
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Ability to work in surroundings that include heat, dust, vibration, heights, and confined spaces
- Exposure to cement, clay, limestone, and various chemicals
- Familiarity with computers
- Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb ladders, stairs, and stockpiles, stoop, and crawl under and into enclosed spaces
- Must work in all weather conditions: heat, cold, wet, dry, or dusty conditions and near hot kiln process
- Preferred knowledge of all types of equipment used in the manufacturing of cement
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven or slippery ground); physical ability to climb on equipment
- Will have exposure to all levels of noise that require the use of hearing protection
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.