Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Electrical Mechanical Assembler (Night Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Electrical Mechanical Assembler (Night Shift)|
|Location||Cedar Park, TX, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
NOV Wellbore Technologies is seeking an Electro/Mechanical Battery Assembler who will perform tasks associated with preparing, handling, loading, assembling, and testing primarily with Battery Packs to support production needs.
Other tasks could include assembly and test of strain gauge-based tension, compression, pressure sensors, collar-based downhole tools that measure vibration, load, pressure, bending, and rotation.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED) or specialized training in an industrial production setting.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of previous experience in single-piece flow assembly production lines.
- Assemble and attach functional and cosmetic hardware to assemblies using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble and install either electrical, electronic, mechanical, or hydraulic pneumatic components.
- Assemble, encapsulate (pots), and test battery packs.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Cross‐trains using related duties for use in other production areas as needed.
- Install finished assemblies or subassemblies.
- Keeps meticulously exact quality documentation (Work Orders, Travelers, Process Data, Test Results, etc.).
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized working environment using 5S principles
- May prioritize work based on the production schedule.
- Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure parts in place.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Perform functional/continuity tests on completed assemblies.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Perform the assembly, start up, and function tests of equipment systems.
- Prepares materials for production: cutting, cleaning, soldering per certified standards, spot welding, heat shrinking, handles two-part potting material for molding, silicon adhesives, lubricants, and flammable chemicals.
- Promotes and maintains single-piece production.
- Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, and schematics.
- Responsible for quality control. Adjust as necessary to produce products within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications Perform 5S on production line work areas
- Supports and implements production improvement initiatives.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, or similar in a production environment
- J-STD-001A Certified
- Assembly personnel must be able to clearly recognize a Text Height of .0540” on blueprints and work instructions.
- Candidates must be able to recognize all colors within the visible spectrum to recognize various wiring and labeling specifications.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Experience applying procedures for detailed documentation of work orders, travelers, process data, test results, etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite/Office.
- Experience working with power tools, heating tools, and small machines (i.e., heat guns, soldering stations, spot welder stations, air compressor tools, ovens, electrical test equipment, etc.).
- Firm understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S principles.
- Manual dexterity is required for operating machinery and computers.
- Recent and relevant soldering and wiring skills as well as demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical principles.
- A wiliness to actively participate in quality improvement initiatives and provide feedback to management.
- Willingness to follow all Safety, Quality, and Security guidelines and report any instances where they are not being followed
- Loose-fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but is not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- Some Overtime needed
- Standing 65% of the time
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 40 pounds.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Works under immediate supervision
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.